Report from the CISSP Exam

No, I did not take the CISSP test again -- thank goodness. A friend of mine just did, however. He agreed to share his story with you.

"I attended the Intense School CISSP bootcamp last week and took the test last Sunday. I received my test result today and I passed! It was the hardest and most obscure test I have ever taken. I was convinced I did not pass. Usually, I perform well on test, but this was a monster. I never want to take it again and wouldn’t wish my version of the test on anyone!

It took me two hours and 50 minutes. I guess that is fast compared to the average. I can’t imagine sitting there for six hours staring at those questions. I just answered/guessed and moved on and didn’t go back and change any answers. I think I was the first CISSP test taker done in the room. I am so relieved."

I had the same experience almost four years ago, except I finished in 90 minutes. The room was so cold, I just wanted to be done and get out of there as fast as possible!

I thought a majority of the CISSP questions were silly and had nothing to do with real security practitioner work. As I've written before, the main reason I took and held the CISSP cert was its Code of Ethics. This is one of the features that separates professionals from the rest of the field, in my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics